About Splash Damage
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this. We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from.
Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard. Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships.
As an Animation Programmer at Splash Damage, you will be responsible for implementing new and exciting game features with a specific focus on animation integration, playback and fidelity. You will be an integral part of the Gameplay programming team and work closely with the Animation and Design teams, helping them to realise their ambitions through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development. In this role, you will not only use your technical expertise but also your understanding of aesthetic requirements to help games achieve fluid, AAA-looking animations.
You excel at
- Working with an interdisciplinary agile team of animators, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features with focus on animations
- Identifying technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Maintaining and extend existing animation components, tools, pipelines and workflows
- Using your knowledge of recent developments and upcoming techniques in the field of character animation to create engaging gameplay experiences
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly focused team.
- Writing clear, maintainable, and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- Experience solving animation and character related problems within game development
- Solid understanding of a state-of-the-art animation engine internals, and a strong interest in researching and implementing new Animation related technologies
- Contributed to 1 shipped title.
- Experience with Low level Animation system development
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Experience developing for Xbox/Playstation/Stadia/Switch/mobile.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.