Lead Creative Designer
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
As Splash Damage grows to meet our new ambitions, we’re scaling up our experienced Creative Services team to meet these new goals. Working with the Head of Creative Services and the department's Production Manager, you'll lead our small but growing Creative Design sub-team to build new brands, constantly push and evolve our external art direction, and create industry leading design and assets across print and digital.
You’ll deliver design work across our games and for the studio itself, working alongside the wider team as part of our internal Creative Agency for the Studio.
Responsibilities at a Glance:
- Leadership & People Management: You’ll mentor and line manage the Creative Design team, with strong leadership and empathetic people management skills.
- Ideation: You’re a fountain of ideas and inspirations, working across all Creative Design touchpoints to support the team to satisfy briefs that range from our games and their varied styles to the studio internally and externally across our initiatives.
- Content Creation: As an experienced Creative Designer, you’re skilled in producing eye catching digital & print assets, merchandise, presentations, and other branding materials from concept to final delivery.
- Pipelines & Processes: You’re a key player in the growth and standards of the Creative Services team, establishing and evolving new pipelines and processes for the Creative Design team as well as maintaining the quality bar for others to follow.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience leading a Creative Design team, with the ability to adapt your leadership style to provide effective direction and mentorship to the people within it
- A fantastic communicator at all levels, able to present work and ensure alignment with all stakeholders and within the Creative Design team
- A great eye for detail and a confident decision maker, giving constructive feedback and amends on work and processes to make sure all assets are finished, signed off, and ready for print/posting on time
- Expert ability to both create and translate briefs into reality with proven experience generating concepts, building brands, and shaping creative design for multiple touch points across digital and physical
- Outstanding working knowledge of the latest Adobe Creative Cloud software – (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Pace, energy, and an intuitive flair for imagery, graphics, and typography with strong digital illustration skills, and a deep knowledge of prepress and the creation of print ready artwork
- Key Art, logos, screenshots, storyboards, merchandise, brand bibles, booths, presentations, large format display, social media formats, digital store art, and ad units - you’re confident and at home with it all
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with live game support, or a similar service in a different industry
- Confidence using game engines to pose and light characters to create stand out assets and screenshots
- A solid understanding of video game pipelines and processes
- Please include both a cover letter and a link to your portfolio with your application, applications without these will not be considered.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.