About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
As Splash Damage’s Level Designer, you will:
Work closely with designers, programmers and artists to create and maintain fun, playable levels
Collect and analyse playtest data and feedback, and iterate on layouts accordingly in collaboration with environment artists
Understand the core gameplay mechanics, project goals, and target demographic
Understand the technical constraints of the game engine
Understand the capabilities and workflow of the game editor and level design pipeline, and contribute ideas to help improve them
Focus on gameplay aspects of the map
Present your work to the team at various stages and be happy to accept positive critique from peers and Leads
Provide positive feedback to other members of the team
Pro-actively work with the other level designers to share knowledge, review content and ensure consistency.
Work with production to generate tasks, provide estimates and ensure deliverables are provided on time and to the required level of quality
Constantly monitor the bug database and fix issues in a timely fashion to maintain stability and ensure that your levels remain playable at all times
Essential Skills and Experience
- A passion for making and playing games
- Industry experience and 1 shipped AAA current gen (PS4 / XBOX ONE) console or PC title that featured a multiplayer component, worked on from beginning to end
- Experience in creating levels for first or third person shooters
- The ability to work independently without close supervision
- A passion for environment design and architectural concepts
- The ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines
- Experience of level-building using 3D level editing tools (UE4, UnrealEd, Hammer, Radiant, etc)
- Experience with design documentation, diagram and flow-chart creation
- Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, AlienBrain, etc)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Blueprints, Flow Graph, or other visual scripting software experience
- Experience with 3DSMax, Maya, or other professional 3D modelling software
- Knowledge of gameplay event scripting and entity setup
- Traditional art skills
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with wiki-based design documentation
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.