About Splash Damage
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Systems programmers are part of our Core Tech team and are responsible for designing and implementing the core systems, pipelines and architecture that provide a solid framework for all our titles and working closely with other disciplines.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining core engine features that encompass rendering, networking and low-level systems programming. With a focus on scalability, performance and memory usage, you will apply your expertise in data structures and algorithms for modern, multi-core architectures to build state-of-the-art technology for both PC and Consoles.
You excel at:
- Interacting with developers from all disciplines
- Gathering requirements in order to develop and maintain system technologies
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, reliable, maintainable, performant and portable code
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Solving difficult software engineering problems
- Monitoring, maintaining and optimising game performance
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong computer science and maths background.
- Professional experience in systems development for on PS4, PS5, Xbox One and/or Xbox Series (such as I/O, rendering, low-level networking, memory management, content pipelines etc).
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, GPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Professional experience developing Games-as-a-Service titles.
- Experience with automated testing techniques.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.