ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Systems programmers are part of our Core Tech team and are responsible for designing and implementing the core systems, pipelines and architecture that provide a solid framework for all our titles and working closely with other disciplines.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining core engine features that encompass rendering, networking and low-level systems programming. With a focus on scalability, performance and memory usage, you will apply your expertise in data structures and algorithms for modern, multi-core architectures to build state-of-the-art technology for both PC and Consoles.
You excel at:
- Interacting with developers from all disciplines.
- Gathering requirements in order to develop and maintain system technologies
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, reliable, maintainable, performant and portable code
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Solving difficult software engineering problems
- Monitoring, maintaining and optimising game performance
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong computer science and maths background.
- Professional experience in systems development for on PS4, PS5, Xbox One and/or Xbox Series (such as I/O, rendering, low-level networking, memory management, content pipelines etc).
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, GPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Professional experience developing Games-as-a-Service titles.
- Experience with automated testing techniques.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.