Associate Graphics Programmer
About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Associate Graphics Programmers at Splash Damage are embedded within our programming teams and help us implementing and optimising rendering features for our upcoming titles.
Guided by our team of experienced programmers, Associate Graphics Programmers will experience a large portion aspect of our game development process. You will work with Splash Damage’s programming team on building and maintaining the rendering engine and contribute to the associated tools and pipelines.
We believe that levelling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our programmers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a professional game development team and gain hands-on experience in gameplay programming and game development.
- Practical and demonstrable experience with graphics programming
- Experienced and proficient in C++ and shader languages
- Experience with multi-processor architectures
- Strong Math skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Maths related field.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 at the engine level
- Experience with DirectX 12 and console proprietary API
- Experience with compute shaders is a plus
- Experience with multi-threaded rendering
- Familiar with Data-Oriented Design
- Experience working in small focused teams
- Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.