About Splash Damage
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this. We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from.
Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard. Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Online Programming team at Splash Damage are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining systems to support our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
We work closely with the design, UI and online services teams to craft client-side support for external services and APIs such as matchmaking, VOIP, profile and social interaction systems. We are also responsible for creating and maintaining client-side support for analytics and telemetry, working in partnership with the product and player insights team. In addition, we collaborate closely with the gameplay and design teams to seamlessly connect game features with external services.
You excel at:
- Taking ownership of features and autonomously driving them to completion.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Ensuring that our games are robust and error-tolerant, aiming to provide the best possible player experience at all times.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrable experience interacting with external APIs and services within a large and robust system.
- Professional experience integrating external APIs with game clients, including Xbox Live and/or PSN.
- Professional Unreal Engine development experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
- Experience developing supporting systems for online games such as VOIP, profile services, matchmaking, social interaction systems and telemetry.
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design supporting systems.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Experience developing and working with asynchronous systems.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.