Senior Development Manager
About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running remotely during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. With the relaxing of travel and quarantine restrictions in the UK, we are now relocating new team members from outside the UK to London prior to starting their employment with us. This gives new Splashers the opportunity to establish a home in the local area, before joining their teams in working remotely until such time as we return to the studio. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, and look forward to having all of our amazing staff back into the studio as soon as it is safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
About Development Management at Splash Damage
Development Managers are the execution pioneers here at Splash Damage, responsible for building and delivering game experiences that continually delight our fans on a daily basis.
We are the guardians of agile development process and practice; are responsible for driving alignment and accountability within each game team; are relentlessly focused on continued improvement; and ensure partners goals are met with mind-blowing ends.
The Development Management team is a collective hivemind, collaborating with their product teams, operational disciplines and studio leadership, sharing knowledge and best practices. We are stewards of accountability making sure every developer here owns their products, processes and quality. We keep teams balanced, projects on track and stakeholders informed. We strive for smarter delivery, stronger teams and building forward-thinking live experiences that our players, and ourselves are all proud of.
What you're responsible for
Senior Development Managers are the eyes and ears of all development. We are responsible for leading multiple cross-functional teams to execute the game vision, keeping projects on track, monitoring team health and continually delivering high quality production through GaaS.
As a Senior Development Manager, you will build and execute AAA development plans and teams using your considerable experience and ability to allow developers flexibility to cover risk and change and simply making the games better. You're an agile thinker and know how to look at things from a different perspective. You are a development data mogul, ensuring the product teams long-term plans are as informed as possible based on data and trends through current development performance. You will ensure an open, honest and transparent working environment as you mentor your Development Management team and fellow project leaders to grow as individuals whilst achieving high quality results as a team.
If you pull this off in year one, you can expect to gain additional scale to your role and everything that comes with that.
What we'd like to see:
- A gamer: you love games, you play games, you take play seriously – it’s why you're in the industry and why you love coming to work every single day
- Experienced: you've earned your stripes working as a Producer or Development Manager in an Agile environment through at least one full triple-A or live game production lifecycle.
- A hardened organizer: You have strong interpersonal, project management, and planning skills with the ability to work under urgent, tight deadlines with frequent changes; you are highly adaptable individual, always putting the players and game first
- A creative problem solver: you have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and craft a plan to put them into action; you enable teams to explore and use the resources at hand to solve problems and always player-focused
- A nurturer of teams. You are able to craft and evolve teams that consistently deliver results and meet their goals; you keep the teams performance consistent, their motivation high, and their morale higher.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.