Lead Programmer / Technical Lead
About Splash Damage
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this. We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from.
Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard. Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
As a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for all aspects of programming for an entire project. You will be in charge of your programming team, overseeing the day to day development of the game while liaising with production as well as the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
In charge of all technical aspects of the game, you will work closely with your programming discipline leads, game design, level design, art and production teams, and act as the main technical point of contact for the project.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Lead the day-to-day management of the project's programming team.
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.
- Co-ordinate technical planning and task scheduling with production.
- Work with the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Professional experience overseeing a large programming team throughout the full game development cycle on a shipped title.
- Professional experience overseeing a team of programmers.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Experience creating and maintaining roadmaps and technical plans.
- Experienced and proficient in C++.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with waterfall and/or agile production methodologies.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with resource planning and recruitment
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Experience developing for Xbox Series, Playstation 5, Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience developing Game-as-a-Service games.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.