Recycle Production Warehouseman
Who we are:
The Savers family of stores is a for-profit, global thrift retailer offering great quality, gently used clothing, accessories and household goods. Our Rethink Reuse business model of purchasing, reselling and recycling gives communities a smart way to shop and keeps more than 700 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year. We also help more than 100 nonprofit organizations by purchasing donated goods from them, which provides a source of revenue to help support their vital community programs and services.
We operate over 300 locations. Our brands are Savers (in the U.S), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
This position supports the Savers vision by safely handling and sorting recycled material and goods delivered to the Distribution Center from the stores for processing within the distribution center for final shipment to international and domestic customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of OSHA, state and Savers safety regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to sort several types of recycled material at one time
- Ability to create receiving logs and load sheets
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to work within Savers culture
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for separating, sorting, processing and bagging specific metal and plastic kitchenware items.
- Responsible for separating, sorting, processing and bagging/bailing specific hard and soft (plush) toys.
- Team Member must be able to determine what is saleable, what is recyclable and what needs to be thrown away.
- Stacks boxes and or recyclables on pallets for weight verification
- Maintain receiving logs of inbound freight that is up to date and accurate
- Responsible for ensuring aisles and walk ways are clean and free from debris.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the workstation for safety and efficient production.
- Ability to follow and work within all company safety guidelines.
- Team Members may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their department lead, supervisor or manager.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Dock or warehouse experience a plus
Ability to perform basic math calculations at the level normally required in high school
Physical Requirements and Equipment Used:
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to pull or push a pallet jack
- Ability to operate a trailer jack assembly
- Eye-hand coordination to sort and grasp
- Ability to distinguish colors and sizes
- Use Forklift, pallet jack or trailer jack assembly
What you can expect:
A commitment to protecting the health and safety of our Team Members. Great benefits, paid training, career development, bonus opportunities, a competitive wage, and a 50% Team Member discount. Our Team is a great one, made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute. You’ll positively impact Team Members, Customers, Donors, Your Community, and the Environment.
Savers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Company.
8201 Brooklyn Blvd. Suite 800 Brooklyn Park, MN 55445