Title: Forklift Operator
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What You'll Be Working On:
Summary & Positions:
Supports Savers / Value Village vision by operating a forklift to safely handle inbound goods and material delivered to the Distribution Center and for the efficient loading of outbound material for domestic and international customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Loads and unloads trailers according to Supervisors direction and Sales departments standards
- Stacks boxes and or recyclables on pallets for weight verification
- Maintain shipment logs for outbound freight that is legible, up to date and accurate
- Responsible for ensuring aisles and walk ways are clean and free from debris.
- Checks forklifts to ensure proper safety and work conditions are in compliance with Savers / Value Village policies and Ontario Provincial Standards.
- Ability to follow and work within all company safety and operational guidelines including safely operating forklift in close proximity to fellow TM’s and building obstacles.
- Ability to operate a standard forklift and a forklift with a hydraulic squeeze clamp unit
- Working knowledge of recycling production standards for product grading, sorting and processing.
- Ability to operate forklift for the shipping/receiving and shoe departments on short or emergency notice.
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
- Comprehensive extended health care plans for full-time Team Members
- Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- A Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a generous company matching provision to assist you in saving for a secure financial future
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift training certification
- 3-5 years in warehouse forklift operation
- Ability to perform basic math calculations at the level normally required in high school
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to pull or push a pallet jack
- Ability to operate a trailer jack assembly
Travel: Less than 10%
279 Rexdale Blvd Toronto, ON M9W 1P7