Senior Software Engineer - Golang
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Software Engineer in our Infrastructure Management Business Unit to work on Chef stack. a top 3 enterprise product in the DevOps & DevSecOps space. Due to team location, strong preference will be given to candidates in ET time zone.
In Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems across multiple industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies where we not only follow, but shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and run with our code.
The Platform Services team build common and reusable services/components for other chef product lines like Infra, compliance, Automate, Desktop etc. to enable those teams to focus on their business deliverables and takes care of common/cross-cutting concern like developing centralized Authentication, APIGW, logging, Monitoring/Alerting, Compliance, Infrastructure as a code template for deploying application in a public cloud.
- Develop one of above platform components of GA quality (Scalability, Up time, DR) from scratch.
- Act as liaison between Product Management, Architect and the team in a Scrum model
- Be an effective team player and introduces best practices in team
- Be flexible to quickly learn and work on any new technology based on business need.
A Strong Candidate Has:
- Worn multiple hats in the past, highly motivated and quality-conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, plus applicable experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with one/multiple high level programming language like Go (Preferred) and/or Python
- Have experience in any one of public cloud like AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Have written Infrastructure as a code using Terraform/clod formation template for automating infra setup and deployment
- Have worked on some of SQL/NO-SQL DB
- Have experience in Kubernetes/Docker technologies
- Have worked on one of distributed systems like caching, async communication, various design patterns.
- Have worked on one of Monitoring and Alerting frameworks
- Exposure to chef/Ansible/Puppet ecosystem is optional
- Good Analytical and troubleshooting skill
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!