Senior Automation QA Engineer - WS_FTP
Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress.
Are you passionate about software quality and testing? Do you want to work with a dynamic team on cutting-edge products? At Progress, we are seeking a skilled Automation Quality Assurance Engineer to join our WS_FTP product line. As such, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the high quality of our software releases through automated testing and continuous improvement.
What You'll Love About This Role:
- Collaborate in an agile software development environment, working closely with product owners, developers, and fellow QEs across scrum teams.
- Design, execute, and automate test scenarios and cases based on feature requirements.
- Enhance your coding skills and contribute to code optimization using development best practices.
- Be at the forefront of selecting and implementing the best test automation tools, frameworks, and processes.
- Conduct exploratory testing in complex scenarios to ensure comprehensive coverage.
- Review and validate existing documentation, contributing to the overall quality of our products.
- Work hand-in-hand with Technical Support Engineers to troubleshoot and resolve intricate customer issues.
- Develop subject matter expertise in various product domains, influencing product quality initiatives.
What We're Looking For:
To thrive in this role, you should possess the following:
- Proficiency in developing and maintaining both manual and automated tests.
- Familiarity with various test automation tools and frameworks.
- Competence in using CI systems to streamline testing procedures.
- Experience with VM hosting environments and their management.
- Demonstrated expertise in Python, Java, and/or .NET programming.
- Understanding of networking concepts and the HTTP/S protocol.
- Knowledgeable about file transfer protocols such as SFTP and FTP/SSL.
- Proven ability to diagnose issues within Windows Server applications effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative attitude.
- Strong aptitude for creative problem-solving and critical thinking.
While not required, experience with the following would be a plus:
- PowerShell scripting.
- SQL experience (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres).
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!