Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as Network Engineer in Sofia, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
Progress Communication Services Team has the mission to foresee and define a strategy how the network should serve the business and help achieve the business priorities. Our vision is that network should provide core communication services to the business, enable collaboration and operate fluently and have the necessary redundancy and resiliency to support business continuity.
What you will be doing in this role
- Have the responsibility for day-to-day support and advancement of our global network infrastructure, which includes areas such
- Enterprise and Data Center Switching
- WAN technologies such as SD-WAN, MPLS VPN, IPsec VPN
- Remote Access VPN
- Load Balancers
- Network Management, Monitoring, Alerting and Logging
- Monitor network utilization and performance.
- Troubleshoot and escalate appropriately upon network incidents.
- Multi-task efforts that may include other providers.
- Document technical engineering procedures for use by other members of the IT Infrastructure team.
- Contribute to roadmap, architectural direction, and continuous improvement.
- Communicate proactively about opportunities, expectations, timelines, risks, and issues.
- Perform knowledge transfer to other members of the Communication Services Team
- Assist in vendor negotiations and the RFP/RFI process.
- BA or MA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven Network Engineering experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Firewall concepts and deployment experience with at least 2 of the leading Firewall vendors.
- Solid knowledge and experience with IPS sensor concepts, deployment experience and day to day management.
- Experience with SIEM solutions for log management, event correlation, incident monitoring and response.
- Knowledge and experience with Load balancing technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in configuring and supporting IPsec VPN WAN technologies.
- Able to work well under pressure, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Exceptional ability and strong desire to learn new skills.
- Holding CCNA or CCNP certification will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with Linux and Python will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with Ansible or Terraform will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with networking in the Cloud (Azure / AWS / GCP) will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with Splunk will be considered an advantage.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family and Health:
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooter
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!