We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Specialist for our Chef product group working out of India (Bangalore Office/Remote).
In our Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
A Product Specialist is a technical expert and advisor who drives the successful implementation of Chef products and practices with our customers, and captures trends and issues identified through that work to build knowledge bases and other resources to further enable our customers.
What you'll do in this role:
- Help our customers solve critical, complex issues relating to the use, setup and architecture of Chef’s product suite
- Proactively identify and recommend product improvements based on emerging trends in challenges experienced by our customers
- Participate in the triaging and escalation of complex customer technical issues
- Capture resolutions and best practice recommendations as documentation or code to better enable future customers
- Drive a great customer experience with each issue, contributing to customer satisfaction and loyalty and amplifying the value of Chef products and services.
What the ideal candidate will need to have:
- Willingness to learn and a growth mindset may substitute for specific qualifications below - If you have a passion for DevOps, we’d love to meet you, even if you don’t feel you tick every box!
- Significant (4 – 7 years) demonstrated experience in systems engineering/administration or software development
- Demonstrably excellent, polished verbal and written communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Passion for learning, collaborating with others and being an all-around customer advocate. A love for solving complex problems
- Familiarity with cloud-native design patterns, microservices, and modern web-scale architectures
Desired (but not essential):
This section lists some extra things we’d love to see in candidates, but don’t consider essential:
- Advanced-level working knowledge of Chef Software, including Chef Infra Client and Server, Chef InSpec, and/or Chef Habitat
- Working understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code tools and principles
- Experience with IT Audit and Compliance process and tools
- Experience using Agile and/or Lean techniques, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Technical writing experience
If you have a passion for DevOps, we want to meet you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!