Software Engineer ,Principal ( Golang Developer)
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Principal Engineer in Infra BU in Bangalore, to work on Chef which is one of top 3 enterprise product in Devops & Devsecops space.
In Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and run with our code.
What you will do in this role:
- Leads software development efforts from a technology perspective. This involves being intimately involved with all technical activities within the team (software development life cycle activities, code reviews, research, etc.)
- Identifies the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements
- Work effectively as a Product Owner for the team in a Scrum Model – as a liaison between Product Management, Architect and the team
- Maintains, reviews and evolves software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies
- Provides work leadership, training and technical guidance to Software Engineers
To be success-full we need someone who has:
The successful candidate is used to wearing multiple hats, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10 – 12+ years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or equivalentIs expert in one of High level programming language like Go, Nodejs, Java etc. Preferably Go.
- Hands-on Knowledge of any one of public cloud like AWS, Azure, GCP for 3-5 years
- Has exposure on any scripting language python, shell etc.
- Have written Infrastructure as a code using Terraform/clod formation template for automating infra setup and deployment for 1-3 years
- Good Analytical and troubleshooting skill
- Knowing Ruby is nice to have exp.
- Addresses problems in a logical manner and presents & implements recommendations for resolution
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave , Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans.
#LI - SR1
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!