Job Title: Sr Finance Analyst – Finance Shared Service Centre
Responsible for: Accounting and analysis of specific GL accounts and activities for Optimas Americas Business Region
Responsible to: Finance Manager – Americas DC Segment
Shift Timing: 2pm to 10pm. This can be adjusted bases business requirement.
- Completion and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries and monitoring of accruals for the following areas:
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Travel and Entertainment
- Temp Labor
- 3PL (“3rd party logistics”)
- Shipping/Warehouse Supplies
- Other AP accruals
- Prepaid Insurance Amortization
- Assure proper identification and journaling of automated bank debits
- Account Analysis and reconciliation for accounts listed above
- Assist in research and account reviews
- Cash Account Reconciliations for all America/Canada Bank Accounts
- Provide support for other projects as needed by Hiring Manager
- Prepare various ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for internal and external reporting, as well as audit requests
- Deep-dive variance analysis for operational expenses
- Support establishing AP coding and creating new processes with improvements
- Support building Budget/Forecast for DCs
Key Skills and Competences:
- Degree level accountancy study with 5+ years of experience in the related field
- Drive for results – End to End ownership
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large volumes of data, from multiple sources
- Ability to present results of data analysis in meaningful and insightful ways
- Advanced excel user, e.g. manipulating data via use of pivots / lookups, etc.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Prioritization and organizational abilities
- Investigative problem-solving abilities
- Outstanding customer service: both external and internal customers
- Time management - ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Team player
- Good communication. Ability to communication confidently and professionally across all levels with internal and external contacts.
Health and Safety
- Recognise the importance of good health and safety practice.
- Ensure that working conditions and the use of resources satisfy current legislation, approved codes of practice and organisational requirements.
- Ensure accidents and near misses are reported.
- Ensure that potential or actual breaches of requirements are identified, properly reported and appropriate action is taken.
Optimas is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Optimas makes all employment decisions – including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matters – based on merit, and without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct. Optimas’ strong commitment to equal opportunity requires a commitment by each individual employee. Compliance with the letter and spirit of this policy is required of all employees. Violations of this policy should be immediately reported to your Supervisor, Human Resources or the Legal Department.