Materials Parts Planner
Who We Are:
At Nortek Global HVAC (NGH), we have a passion to make the world breathe easier. We engineer top-tier residential, commercial, and manufactured housing HVAC equipment that our contractors love to install, our end-users comfortably enjoy, and our partners proudly carry. As a Madison IAQ company, we are committed to our mission of making the world safer, healthier, and more productive. Our mission, alongside our core values of trust, bias for action, and an entrepreneurial spirit are what enables us to build something truly remarkable that will long outlast us.
Position Summary: This position will have a broad emphasis on the complete flow of all parts and kits across several business segments. This role has a priority focus on safety stock levels and communicates with all NGH plants to ensure timely deliveries.
- Review forecasts and safety stock with customer service to modify shipping and production plans.
- Make recommendations to the warehouse managers regarding the need to shift production personnel and overtime requirements.
- Organizes, plans, and helps manage parts production schedules according to demand, quality standards, capacity and capacity restraints to ensure the master schedule is substantial to fill demand. Identifies and helps to resolve bottlenecks and parts shortages.
- Provides commitment dates to customer service based on capacity within our schedule using our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Analyze customer demand and expedites against current master schedule to determine production plan.
- Communicate shipping and production plans to all levels of the organization.
- Creating, modifying and communicating realistic shipping and manufacturing strategies for new product introduction and existing products.
- Work with shipping, production, and engineering staff to make improvements to quality, safety, cost and productivity. Update and maintain item/part master file with emphasis in the Engineering Change Manager (ECM) process.
- Keep track of sales and shipping numbers and arrives at several back up plans quickly to accommodate unexpected customer demands or shipping issues.
- Other duties as required.
Education: Requires a two-year degree plus two years experience or equivalent from an accredited college or HVAC technical school.
Experience: 2-3 years
Skills and Abilities: Which may be representative, but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to find areas for improvement, and work with cross-functional teams to determine and implement solutions.
- Analyze data and report results in a clear and professional manner.
- Desire to make decisions and be accountable for team results.
- Excellent customer care skills with a “customer first” attitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office; Strong Excel
- Bachelors degree
- Experience working in or with a replacement parts business
- Previous SAP experience
Nortek Global HVAC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about us, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.