HVAC Laboratory Technician II
HVAC Lab Technician II
Business Divisions: Nortek Global HVAC
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: O’Fallon, MO
Business Unit: Engineering Techs
Relocation is NOT being offered
About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and Nortek StatePoint with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- Contributor to the implementation design process of new HVAC equipment.
- Gain extensive experience working with a variety of HVAC equipment.
Responsible for the functional testing and documentation related to design engineering product development testing including but not limited to:
- Working from written test plans to conduct HVAC system and component performance and safety compliance testing.
- Documentation and communication of test equipment setup and test results.
- Set up and test new and existing HVAC products and components
- Working knowledge of HVAC system operation and ability to troubleshoot
- Observe and document test results accurately
- Set up, operate, and maintain electronic and mechanical instruments and test equipment
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools safely
- Work from engineering drawings, sketches, diagrams, written and verbal instructions
- Maintains an attitude which consistently represents the organizational culture, including: the mission, vision and core attributes
- Other Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager
- Supports “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- High School Diploma
- Proficient MS Office user; specifically, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Engineering using a work order database
- Experience using HVAC developed software systems
- Use of various lab instruments and equipment
- Two years of experience in a laboratory environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience with HVAC equipment function and operation
- Certificate in HVAC technology or actively enrolled in accredited program or related qualifying work experience
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.