Intern - Manufacturing Engineer
Position Title: Intern - Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Dyersburg, TN
About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and StatePoint with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
- Under technical guidance and supervision, create and/or revise documentation for manufacturing processes that will meet production needs and prevent scrap, rework, and customer issues.
- Develop processes, including workflow, layouts, safety/ergonomics, tools and equipment, and material presentation to support new product introduction.
- Follow company policies, procedures, and ethical standards.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Create documentation such as work instruction, bill-of-materials, routings, and visual aids for manufacturing processes.
- Ensure support equipment is readily available to support product introduction, including carts, tools, fixtures, etc.
- Determine workflow by conducting time studies and ensuring optima layout of processes.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems throughout the manufacturing process.
- Identify manufacturing assembly process needs.
- Maintains an attitude which consistently represents the organizational culture, including: the mission, vision and core attributes.
- Other Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager.
- Support initiatives for continuous process improvement.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical, Manufacturing, and/or Industrial Engineering program.
- Basic understanding of statistics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Excel required).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated, creative, and enthusiastic to learn.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.