Position Title: Technical Illustrator
Location: Dyersburg, TN
About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and StatePoint with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Position Summary: Perform a wide variety of duties required to create matrix sheets, Operational Method Sheets, and visual models depicting the work content, parts consumed, and quality criteria for work performed at a workstation in a Demand Flow Technology environment.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
Why is this a great opportunity?
Opportunity to work in an environment that has many exciting projects underway, including Data Center cooling projects. Will have significant involvement in creating critical documentation that will be used by our manufacturing team to fabricate and assemble the product.
- Create/modify/revise Operational Method Sheets (and Matrix Sheets where applicable), utilizing information provided by engineers or other various departmental leadership.
- Ensure latest revisions of written OMS documents are distributed and available for all assembly and fabrication areas.
- Works with Engineering and/or Training Specialist in updating OMS per Manufacturing Change procedure.
- Create/modify/revise Inventor and/or Composer models used for electronic visual work instructions where applicable. Ensure the latest versions are installed at affected workstations.
- Convert Inventor models into Composer models as required, or vice versa.
- Assist with MCO and ECM processes as assigned.
- Performs other duties related to position as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Background in technical illustrating or drafting.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings.
- Strong computer skills including ability to operate PC in a Windows environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities and work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in the use of Solidworks, Illustrator, AutoCAD, and Inventor
- Basic understanding of common assembly processes.
- Associates Degree
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.