Nortek Air Solutions
Title: Financial Analyst, Manufacturing
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Summary/Objective: The Financial Analyst will provide financial reporting and analysis for the Nortek Air Solutions team. This position is critical to support the business team with timely, accurate reporting with a clear understanding of key drivers of profitable growth and operating trends in the business. This role will also partner with local controllers throughout manufacturing sites in the US and Canada as well as the Madison Indoor Air Quality finance and leadership teams.
- Support finance team (CFO, Senior Manager, local controllers) and business team by building models and presenting data in support of monthly business reviews.
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly reporting for distribution to Nortek Air Solutions management team.
- Turn data into actionable insights; Generate & distribute reports, as well as provide training & support to site users tool utilization. Work with data teams to build company-wide dashboard reporting (Power BI).
- Support the completion of standard monthly analyses of the business including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Prepare & coordinate key inputs into the annual planning and quarterly forecast updates.
- Build ad hoc models and analyses in key business areas such as product profitability, material costs, and SG&A spend.
- Actively identify process improvement opportunities through standardization and automated reporting.
- Conduct financial modeling and scenario analyses for strategic initiatives, cost improvement projects and other business improvement ideas.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analyses to further drive efficiencies, accuracy and insight within Nortek Air Solutions.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in financial analysis within a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, formulas, lookups, analytics, and effective model building).
- Solid understanding of income statement & balance sheet with extensive understanding of cash flow measures, and how each interrelates.
- Knowledge and background of general accounting, financial analysis and forecasting.
- Attention to detail and ability to reconcile complex data sets. Analyses and reports must tie out to source data.
- A critical eye with strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to present complex data sets in a simple, easy to understand way. Ability to navigate system-limitation obstacles to create value-added reports.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently. Ability to coordinate efforts across a complex multi-plant environment.
- Ability to travel as needed by the business
- Hands on experience with the systems listed below is a plus
- Power BI and business intelligence tools.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 ERP & Atlas 3.5 PS6 AX2009.
- Planful software
- Experience with cost accounting/standard costing in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in dealing with multiple currencies (USD/CAD) is a plus
About Nortek Air Solutions:
Nortek Air Solutions (NAS) is a Madison Industries company. Madison Industries is one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world, and has a robust portfolio of indoor air quality solutions. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value.
NAS is the largest manufacturer of custom heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment in North America. Its products include FANWALL TECHNOLOGY®, air handlers, packaged DX, vertical self-contained systems, energy recovery ventilators with integrated heating and cooling systems, coils and more. NAS has five strategically located manufacturing facilities which encompass over 2 million square feet of clean space and 180 sales representative offices. NAS's brands are known for innovation and advanced technology and provide customers with product solutions for every industrial need including commercial air handlers, clean room systems and mission critical technology. NAS's end markets include clean room, data centers, healthcare, education, industrial, and commercial.
Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination – Nortek Air Solutions is an equal employment opportunity and afﬁrmative action employer and all qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualiﬁed individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.