Electronic Technician - Nights
Position Title: Electronic Technician - Nights
Location: Dyersburg, TN
About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and StatePoint with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Position Summary: Responsible for providing repair services to all production departments, expertise for the installation of special projects or DFT installations, and training for Maintenance Mechanics (“A” and “B”) and Maintenance Apprentice personnel.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Follow all safety guidelines set by the company and OSHA regulations
- Work efficiently with programmable logic controls (PLC).
- Troubleshoot and repair manufacturing equipment. Including electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatics.
- Repair, modify, and build electronic controls for manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe work environment in shop and work areas.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all production equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned to maintain production efficiency and meet plant/department operational needs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- On-the-job experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment and either a completed apprenticeship in a recognized trade/craft or completion of a 2-year technical college program.
- The ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic drawings.
- The ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment using PLC controls.
- Experience with PLC, LADDER LOGIC, HMI, PANELVIEW
- Five (5) years electrical experience in a manufacturing environment.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.