Advanced Sourcing Manager
Position Title: Advanced Sourcing Manager
About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and StatePoint with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Position Summary: The Advanced Sourcing Manager is a highly visible position responsible for integrated sourcing management throughout all phases of new product development with Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers. The Advanced Sourcing Manager facilitates alignment between Nortek’s design and technology innovations with our supplier’s capabilities in order to provide cost and quality advantages. This position acts as a liaison for cross-functional sourcing participation in all development and design changes that require RFQ’s or ECN’s/ECO’s.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- Fast-paced environment with opportunity for growth and development
- Stable industry
- Large scope of responsibility and autonomy
- Future opportunity for advancement
- Identifies and maintains current knowledge regarding approved supplier capabilities, technologies and processes in order to assist in the matching of appropriate suppliers for new parts originating from new or revised BOM’s.
- Research of new technologies, materials, and suppliers that can be incorporated in new product development.
- Participates in new product/part design reviews and coordinates the selection and participation of applicable suppliers.
- Provides standard costing assistance to the New Product Development (NPD) project team early on in development phases.
- Integrates NPD activities with Strategic Sourcing to proactively assure parts availability, identify lead-time requirements, manage contractual obligations and establish comprehensive sourcing strategies.
- Participates with Engineering to identify outsourcing opportunities as part of the Make vs. Buy process.
- Works as a team member with Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing in the supplier assessment and qualification processes to determine supplier capabilities for meeting cost, quality, service and delivery requirements.
- All other tasks, projects, and assignments as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of supply chain experience; sourcing technical and mechanical equipment-related components or equivalent preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently and ability to prioritize in a development environment.
- Advanced analytical abilities and problem-solving techniques in understanding data collection and the ability to develop intuitive and actionable insights
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and blueprints.
- ERP experience, preferably SAP.
- Must be able to maintain a valid passport.
- MBA Preferred
- CPSM and/or APICS certified
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.