Commercial QA Tech II - Night Shift - StatePoint
Quality Assurance Technician II – Night Shift - StatePoint
Business Divisions: Nortek Air Solutions
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Business Unit: Commercial Quality Assurance Methods
About Nortek Air Solutions:
Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low sound levels. They offer high quality systems in multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions: Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar CES and Ventrol Air Handling Systems.
Monitor and facilitate quality inspection activities for in–process parts, sub-assemblies and Final Assembly Unit completion. Use quality tools and practices to verify and ensure Quality requirements for both internal and external manufactured parts and assemblies have been met. Investigate unit quality related issues and concerns related to product and processes. Retrieve, scan, image, organize and maintain documents, such as inspection records, drawings, specifications, approvals and related items. Data entry where required. Assist with other related duties as needed and assigned by manager.
- In-Process Inspections
- Verify in-process parts/sub-assemblies/Final Assembly Unit(s) match drawings/specification packet(s).
- Review in-process inspection documents for correctness and completeness
- Generate NCM (Non-Conforming Material) reports as needed.
- Identify product status as needed to prevent use/shipment of Non-Conforming product.
- Capture pictures where required, upload, name and maintain process.
- Distribute paperwork/documents where needed.
- Scanning and Data Entry
- Scan inspection forms into designated files
- Input inspection results into data base as needed.
- Must be able to wear protective gear and equipment.
- Actively supports and synthesizes Nortek’s Core Beliefs: Live Safe, One Team, Own It, Ignite Change, Legacy Now
- Maintains an attitude which consistently represents the organizational culture, including: the mission, vision and core attributes
- Other Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager
- Supports “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General Computer skills. (Name and Save files, upload pictures, locate and retrieve documents)
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Good Communication Skills - Written and Verbal
- Highly Motivated
- Work Independently and Part of a Team
- Deadline Driven
- Able to Plan, Organize, and Prioritize Tasks
- Problem Assessment and Problem Solving
- Information Gathering and Monitoring
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two to four years manufacturing industry experience required. Experience in Quality capacity preferred.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To apply, please visit our career site at www.nortekair.com/careers.
Nortek Air Management is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.