Senior Project Manager - Healthcare Studio
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ – New York in a Senior Project Manager role.
NBBJ – Columbus is seeking a Senior Project Manager who can work independently and collaboratively with a team to manage large, complex Healthcare projects and lead work efforts of others, oversee the production of project deliverables, and interpret client needs. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and teamwork skills, and the motivation to engage with the array of NBBJ’s resources in achieving high-performance, sustainable outcomes.
Your New Role:
- Manage team complexity – plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a design staff of approximately 5 to 10+ individuals
- Responsible for accuracy and applicability of documents for entire project(s)
- Build and maintain day-to-day working relationship with client(s) and consultants
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Develop and execute a management work plan for the overall project(s)
- Assist with proposal preparation and participates in client presentations/interviews
- Responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall project(s)
- Responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principals for all aspects of the project(s)
- Make independent decisions on architectural problems and methods
- Solve problems creatively with consultants
- Negotiate and draft/write contracts
- Assist with business development and collaborate with other studios, as needed
- Develop and leverage existing client relationship for the purposes of wining work.
- Assist Practice Leader in developing market or client campaigns and interview to win new work.
What you will need to Succeed:
- 15 years of professional experience in Architecture
- Experience with large, complex commercial projects
- Bachelor's degree; B Arch or M Arch desired
- Architectural licensure desired
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Must have a proven track record as a Project Manager with large, complex projects involving work that ranges from Pre-design through Construction Administration, including contract negotiation, work plan development and the ability to work with a variety of project delivery methodologies
- Excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills, and effective client relationship skills and talent for leading and working with diverse teams of designers
- Proficient in Revit with 3D modeling skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup, Rhino or 3DS Max desired
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, design focused open environment
- Ability to travel as the project(s) requires
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.