Senior Technical Support Engineer
This role can be filled in Cork, Ireland or in Nasuni offices near London, UK. We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our growing Customer Support Team for Cloud File Storage. Support Engineers are the primary contact point for the Nasuni customers. They provide a critical window into the Nasuni Corporation that demonstrates our customer first philosophy. We are looking for a person who is passionate about helping customers and is excited to work in a growing, busy environment, supporting Nasuni's growing list of Global Enterprise Cloud File Solutions clients.
You will report directly to the Director of Support and be asked to take on many responsibilities due to the rapid growth and size of the company. It is a fast paced, dynamic environment that requires a person that can handle multiple responsibilities along with effectively working with the various groups inside the company. The support team is the conduit to Engineering (Linux, NFS, CIFS, Storage Protocols, VMs, NAS Software) for our Professional Services and Sales Engineering teams.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will...
- Initiate triage and potential resolution of all new issues submitted by Nasuni customers.
- Proactively outreach to customers and address alerts received from the Nasuni monitoring service.
- Remotely troubleshoot and resolve complex product and customer environment issues.
- Escalate appropriate issues and work in coordination with the Sustaining Engineering team.
- Provide in depth technical resolutions for customers and other customer facing teams.
- Proactively keep customers updated of their issue while investigating and working in conjunction with Engineering.
- Contribute to technical knowledge base on a regular basis.
- Participate in rotating after hours and weekend support schedule.
- Track and maintain all updates and customer communication through Salesforce case management system.
- Diagnose log files and prepare thorough analysis of technical issues prior to presenting to Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- 3+ years of customer facing, technical support or supporting enterprise storage customers
- Data storage, backup and/or archiving expertise.
- Technical expertise in: Linux, Unix, VMWare, Windows Server, Networking, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI.
- Experience working with and supporting Linux based systems.
- Prior experience supporting enterprise class customers with mission critical technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers at a technical and business level.
- Proven experience of collaborating with other internal groups such as the sustaining team to deliver on customer expectations.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage caseload of handling multiple customer issues simultaneously.
- Ability to be flexible and take on additional responsibilities where required.
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.