Escalation Engineer - Customer Support
We are seeking an Escalation Engineer to join our growing Technical Support team of cloud, networking, and storage experts supporting Nasuni customers. Escalation Engineers are the technical leaders of the Support team and handle the most technically challenging and advanced customer situations. In this role you will act as coach and subject matter expert supporting mission-critical enterprise IT environments. With our customer first philosophy and focus on service excellence, we are delivering the highest levels of responsiveness, expertise, and satisfaction for some of the world’s largest companies.
This role will report directly to the Director of Customer Support. As a leader in enterprise cloud storage and a rapidly growing, successful tech startup, Nasuni is a fast paced and dynamic environment – candidates should have experience handling multiple responsibilities and working with the various groups inside the company to influence product improvements. As an Escalation Engineer you will leverage your customer intelligence and technical experience to enable our Product and Engineering teams to continuously improve product quality and usability.
As a an Escalation Engineer in Customer Support, you will...
- Lead and coach Support Engineers with troubleshooting and resolution of customer issues
- Assist the team in achieving our customer service and performance targets; gain support and commitment from others and mobilize people to take action
- Remotely troubleshoot and resolve complex product and customer environment issues
- Use technical and management escalation processes as appropriate and work in coordination with the Sustaining Engineering team
- Diagnose log files and prepare thorough analysis of technical issues prior to presenting to Engineering
- Develop an internal network of technical experts across Nasuni to learn, collaborate, and advance our collective cloud storage expertise
- Work closely with engineering, product management and other key internal organizations to drive innovation and performance around product requirements, enhancements, process improvements and industry best practices
- Provide in-depth technical resolutions and root cause analysis for customers and other customer facing teams
- Lead, own, and drive improvements in the technical content of our knowledge base on a continuous basis
- Track and maintain all updates and customer communication through Salesforce case management system
- Participate in rotating after hours and weekend on-call support schedule
Skills + experience we look for are...
- 5+ years experience as a technical leader in a customer-facing team supporting mission critical IT infrastructure technologies such as cloud, servers, networking, and storage software / hardware
- Expert telephone etiquette skills, customer communication, and critical incident management / resolution skills
- Able to mentor and lead a team of technical support engineers
- Eager to quickly learn new technologies and proactively seek out expertise and knowledge across the organization
- Has advanced architectural and design skills that allow for the ability to troubleshoot products within and outside the current knowledge set
- Communication skills necessary to interact with a wide audience including developers and customer management
- Good technical writing skills and experience developing a library of troubleshooting guides knowledge-base articles, case documentation, and escalations to engineering
- Keen ability to identify and advocate for improvements to technical support processes and tools, as well as product enhancements
Qualifications & Technical Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university and 8 to 10 years of experience in technical roles
- Highly experienced with Network Attached Storage and cloud technologies and protocols such as NFS, SMB, directory services (Active Directory, LDAP, NIS), user and group permissions, security, encryption
- Deep network troubleshooting experience, packet capture and analysis, understanding of layer 2/3 protocols
- Data storage, backup and/or archiving expertise
- Technical expertise in: VMWare, Windows Server, Networking, NFS, CIFS, iSCS
- OS and System Administration experience with Linux
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.