Senior Software Engineer - Serverless Computing
Do you enjoy Serverless Programming using Python?
Want to be a join a like-minded small Boston Seaport based team automating cloud services using great CI/CD and DevOps practices?
Use python 3, pytest, and mypy with AWS and Azure.
You'll work on the latest orchestration and containers.
This team is building new functionality across Nasuni's Cloud File Storage solutions with our Global object storage partners AWS, Azure, and GCP.
As a Senior or Principal Software Engineer in our Cloud Services team you will:
- Code and support production deliverables which add to the UniFS suite of storage products
- Participate in many cross-functional roles on small, highly productive Agile scrum team
- Work with a multitude of AWS and Azure cloud services
- Author tests and contribute to the development of the CI/CD pipeline
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's functionality
Skills + Experience
- 3 to 5+ years experience in a python development role, ideally focused on long-running services/processes/daemons
- Familiarity with developing and testing production code in a serverless environment - AWS Lambda and/or Azure Functions
- Python testing with pytest or an equivalent testing package
- Proficiency with Docker, especially in CI/CD pipelines
- Use of python cloud SDKs: boto3 for AWS API calls; azure-sdk-for-python for Azure API calls
- AWS S3, EC2, DynamoDB experience is helpful.
- Familiarity with common web services, technologies, architectures and related practices to make them reliable
- AWS and/or Azure certifications a plus
With the world’s only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA. This role will start remote, due to Covid-19, then will be based in Boston Seaport.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.