Senior Product Manager-Data Path
Are you a Software Engineer turned Enterprise Storage Product Manager?
A great SaaS Product Manager with a background in Distributed Systems, Storage, Database, C++, or Linux environments?
Nasuni has a great opportunity for a Product Manager to work with and guide Engineering teams on New Features, Acceptance Criteria, Task Prioritization, Agile, Advanced Features, and Customer Feedback.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager for our data path teams to manage our cloud scale enterprise file services throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and working closely with engineering to continue delivering best-in-class products. The product manager is the voice of the customer inside Nasuni and will need to be passionate about customers and the specific problems they’re trying to solve. We’re looking for someone who loves technology, in particular the challenges of defining and building solutions around storing and protecting files. This person will report to the VP of Product Management.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will…
Lead Product Definition
- Map the industry landscape and competitive feature sets of best-in-class NAS products to Nasuni’s current capabilities.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to translate the needs of the market and customers into a compelling and successful product and provide evidence-based prioritization of NAS feature sets
- Analyze past performance to determine areas of investment, and refine go-to-market strategies to help Nasuni maintain its position as a best-in-class NAS solution
- Juggle multiple priorities and make trade-off decisions when timeline, specs and/or budget don’t align
- Drive detailed requirements of feature sets with prioritized features and corresponding justification such that the development team has clear guidelines and success criteria for implementation.
- Configure and validate Nasuni’s global file system with key technology partners and develop best practices guides for the Sales and Customer Success teams on these solutions.
- Educate the Sales and Marketing teams on the value prop, differentiation, market strategies, and other knowledge necessary to be successful in the go-to-market
Develop Killer Docs
- Develop reference architectures for external use by our customers.
- Create technical guides and best practices documents (e.g. product requirements, FAQs, Do’s and Don’ts, Cheat Sheets, etc.) for internal use by Sales, Engineering, Support and Professional Services.
Inspire Customer Happiness
- Work with customers to analyze their use of critical NAS functionality.
- Canvas existing partners and prospects to understand their current and emerging use of critical file-generating applications.
- Attend industry conferences to stay current on customer needs and trends in applications.
Manage Cross-Functional Programs
- Coordinate meetings with internal and external teams to manage milestones, requirements, schedules, and technical issues.
- Represent the needs of Engineering, Business Development, Sales and Marketing to make technical architecture decisions and time-to-market trade-offs.
- Understand the competitive landscape and assist Sales and Marketing to position Nasuni’s technology and integrated solutions against the competition in the market.
Required skills + experience we look for are...
- 7 years of software product development in the storage, database or distributed computing applications
- 5+ years’ experience in Enterprise Software Product Management
- BS in EE, CE or CS
- Deep familiarity with system architecture and Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience with system level performance analysis methods and tools is desirable
- Knowledge of networking and experience in developing application protocols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate is/has...
- Ability to understand with technical depth the design and performance optimization of data path in storage products or distributed systems.
- Able to understand the technical architecture and work with engineering teams to guide them on product design.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to ramp up quickly on SW/HW architectures
- Ability to assess customer needs and translate them into product requirements.
- Confidence to champion ideas and solutions and raise issues across the organization.
- Customer-first sensibility and passion for ensuring their success.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent listener, desire to learn and adapt to new concepts and technologies.
- Agile Scrum experience a plus.
- Ability to be trusted with sensitive or confidential information.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Enjoys working in teams.
- Willingness to travel as needed and occasionally be accessible by phone during off-hours to help resolve customer or partner issues.
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.