Professional Services Engineer
This role can be based in multiple locations within the United States including Boston, Dallas, Kansas City, Chicago, Raleigh, Denver, or Salt Lake City, UK, Ireland.
We are looking for a Technical Engineer to join our growing Professional Services Team. Engineers lead the Architecture, Planning, Implementation, and Data Migration of the Nasuni Service, in accordance with our best practices. This position is highly visible and carries great responsibilities as the Professional Services Engineers enable customers and helps realize the benefits of using Nasuni technology. As a member of this team, an individual will have a large impact in significantly improving how our clients manage and control their data as well as implement a cloud strategy. These services will be delivered both remotely and on customer premise.
This role will help expand the global coverage of our Professional Services offerings. The candidate will be asked to take on many responsibilities due to the rapid growth and size of the company. It is a fast paced, dynamic environment that requires a person that can handle multiple responsibilities along with effectively working with the various groups inside the company.
As a Professional Services Engineer, you will...
- Participate in discussions to help scope level of effort and configuration for deploying Nasuni in the client’s environment.
- Analyze client business processes of storing and managing data.
- Assist other engineers to architect, plan, and present a solution with the customers.
- Implement and configure systems to best match a client’s existing and desired business processes.
- Assist other engineers to develop and implement a migration plan for moving data from existing storage location to Nasuni.
- Generate automation scripts, as needed, for data analysis and migration
- Perform data migration, as needed, via Robocopy and other industry migration tools
- Perform production readiness testing prior to data cutover
- Assist with management of existing clients along with helping to identify new use cases for Nasuni.
- Write and revise documentation for process optimization
- Work closely with Engineering and Technical Support on identification and documentation of issues.
- Provide onsite PS support on production customer when required.
- Work closely with our partners to educate and mentor them on Nasuni implementations.
- Provide continuing education to the technical staff of our partners via webinars and on-site shadowing of implementations.
Required skills + experience we look for are…
- 5+ years of architecting/consulting implementation and data migration experience in a customer facing, professional services role
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university, or equivalent experience
- Data storage, backup and/or archiving expertise.
- Able and willing to travel 15%-20% on average.
- Technical expertise in:
- NTFS & POSIX Permissions
- Active Directory/LDAP Administration
- File Migrations (Robocopy, rsync, etc.)
- Networking topology and protocols
- NFS, CIFS, and other Storage Protocols
- Windows Server
- DFS Namespace
- Storage Technologies (NetApp, EMC, IBM, etc.)
- (Preferred) VMware
- (Preferred) Cloud storage experience – Azure/AWS/Private Cloud
- Prior experience working for enterprise class storage or information management vendors.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate with customers at all levels of an organization including C Level contacts.
- Proven experience of collaborating with other internal groups to deliver on customer expectations.
- Measurable customer satisfaction ratings of 90th percentile or better on all projects delivered.
- Ability to be flexible and take on additional responsibilities where required.
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, MA., USA.