Customer Escalation Manager
The Escalation Manager position is a strategic, high-visibility role that provides the highest level of escalation for customer issues that are jeopardizing the Nasuni business relationship and/or sales opportunities with key customers. These escalations typically have executive visibility and involve issues that span product, service, support and other business functions within Nasuni.
The role requires both cross-functional as well as external coordination with customers and partners, Sustaining and Development Engineers, Product Management, Technical Support Engineers and Account Teams in unison to resolve complex challenges. The Escalation Manager will lead and manage the programmatic resolution of customer's critical issues by building and leading an interdepartmental, cross functional, and geographically dispersed virtual team. This role can be 100% remote. #LI-Remote
- Ownership for driving progress and resolution of customer’s critical issues
- Engage and lead cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams in the development and execution of action plans to address critical situations
- Effectively communicate critical issue status to executive staff, sales teams, and other stake holders
- Drive visibility into customer escalation trends through case audits and work to get ahead of escalations pro-actively.
- Ensure cross-functional team is working off of clear established action plans (ex. Who, What, When) and delivering within established SLA’s
- Manage complex customer situations, coordinating the actions of the Account Team, Customer Support Technical Services (including partner resources where appropriate), and Nasuni Engineering.
- Identify systemic and pervasive issues related to products and/or processes and drive actions to prevent future problems
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current Nasuni products and their business applications.
- Participate in weekly Critical Accounts meeting between Sales, Customer Support, Product Management and Engineering
- Conduct onsite visits (as needed) for major accounts or critical situations where onsite customer relationship management will help in the resolution process.
- The Escalation Manager is an individual contributor role that reports to the Director of Critical Accounts and works seamlessly with Technical Account Managers (TAMs), dedicated Escalation Engineers, Support Management, Account Teams, and Technical Support team to address & prevent escalations.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with global customers.
- Written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and also explain impact in business terms.
- Strong analytical and end to end problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a strong sense of getting to closure on behalf of the customer.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment with global customers
- A “do whatever it takes” customer-first attitude and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure customer success
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- Experience in Escalations Engineer, Technical Account Management, Engineering Management, Customer Support Management, Program/Project Management, or similar roles desired
- 5+ years of customer facing sales and/or services delivery roles
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.