Senior Software Engineer
Senior C++ Software Engineer to develop Datapath features connecting Nasuni Clients to our Cloud-Native File Storage Services. The C++ Datapath encrypts, shards, and moves billions of data files. If you enjoy complex object-oriented C++ design, architecture, and programming, you'll enjoy building and releasing new Datapath features at Nasuni.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the C++ Datapath Team, you will...
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni Cloud File Storage functionality
- Take ownership of one or more existing data path components, design and implement new functionality, and maintain and support existing functionality
- Improve Datapath performance, scalability, and stability working closely with Software Engineers in Test, Quality Assurance, and NAS Performance teams.
- Participate in troubleshooting of customer escalations when required with our Sustaining Engineering team.
Minimum experience + qualifications we look for are...
- Experience in Data Structures, Distributed Computing, Multi-Processing Systems, Inter-Process Communications.
- 3+ years of enterprise C++ software product development.
- Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming
- Multi-threaded programming using C++ or Java.
- Object-Oriented Programming, algorithms, data structures, multithreading, Inter-process Communication (IPC)
- User-space debugging skills and familiarity with GDB, valgrind, or equivalents
- System architecture
- System level performance analysis methods, Files Systems, Database Design, and tools is desirable
- Networking and application protocols, HTTP, TCP/IP
- Cloud-Native Enterprise Software Design
With the world’s only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs