The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math.
MoMath seeks an Office Administrator to facilitate the business operations of the Museum by providing a broad range of administrative support that touches on a variety of aspects of program coordination, event planning, and office management. This role is an excellent opportunity for a jack-of-all-trades with strong administrative experience to contribute in various ways to the business of running a dynamic, expanding not-for-profit.
This position may be either part-time or a full-time permanent position. The full-time position offers a full suite of benefits.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Aid in the execution of the work of MoMath’s administrative office by performing a wide variety of ad hoc tasks including research projects, database management, travel arrangements, phone coverage, scheduling, copying/scanning, running errands, and any other tasks that may be needed
- Communicate effectively and professionally with MoMath staff, vendors, business partners, visitors, and program participants, in writing and on the phone
- Help in a multitude of ways to ensure that programs and events are executed at a high level of excellence, with impeccable attention to detail and consummate professionalism
- Strong experience with a variety of administrative tasks in an office or business setting
- Demonstrated record of excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and reliability
- Intelligence and strong judgment sufficient to conduct research and make appropriate recommendations
- Patience in performing repetitive tasks
- Polished oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write flawless and grammatically correct professional correspondence
- Aptitude for working collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Passion for MoMath’s mission and a positive attitude towards mathematics
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Three to five years of relevant work experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Availability to work a 40-hour workweek if full-time, or the availability to work at least a half-day every weekday if part-time.
To apply, please send the following to [email protected], with a subject line that includes “Office Administrator” and your name:
- A cover letter explaining how you meet the above criteria
- A current résumé, including grade point averages
- A 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics
MoMath actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Equal opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.