Join a team where your organizational skills, excellence in customer service, and reliability will make a significant impact each day. The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is seeking an experienced Office Administrator to provide a wide range of administrative support while contributing to the success of a dynamic, expanding non-profit in New York City. You will handle a multitude of functions in program coordination, event planning, office management, and more, with no two days ever being the same! This is an on-site opportunity that will be filled as a part-time or full-time permanent position.
What you’ll do
As an experienced administrative professional, you may understand that repetitive and recurring tasks are part of the job. Our Office Administrator will handle these tasks along with more in-depth and challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. Day-to-day you will:
- Utilize your exceptional organizational skills by performing database management, coordinating travel arrangements, phone coverage, copying/scanning, and scheduling.
- Demonstrate strong judgment in conducting research and making appropriate recommendations
- Communicate effectively and professionally with MoMath staff, vendors, business partners, visitors, and program participants
- Creatively approach tasks with a positive attitude, ensuring that programs are events are executed at a high level of excellence
What you need to thrive in this role
- 3-5 years of administrative experience in an office or business setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel for routine data entry and tracking
- Polished oral and written communication skills in grammatically correct and professional correspondence
- Confident in working collaboratively and effectively in a lively, fast-paced environment
- Availability to work a 40-hour workweek if full-time, or the availability to work at least a half-day every weekday if part-time
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math. You can learn more about MoMath at www.momath.org.
Some of the perks we offer include
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Family and friends Museum passes
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=og9agfwz&s=myHRpartner
Is this the job for you? If not, feel free to share this link with someone who might be interested.
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!
At MoMath, we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to that by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
COVID Guidelines: The National Museum of Mathematics requires employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.