Assistant Floor Manager
One minute you are greeting guests, the next you’re fixing a popular interactive exhibit while keeping guests engaged and happy, then you’re a crossing guard for the bus of children excited for their field trip and that’s only by 11 am.
MoMath is seeking an Assistant Floor Manager to join our team at our New York City Museum. This position will be responsible for keeping guests happy and the museum up and running. Because we are open 7 days a week, this position will work Sunday-Thursday to support the team, but flexibility is required at times. No prior experience working specifically in a museum is needed, although that would be nice! If you’re a strong problem solver and leader who believes no job is too big or too small, let’s talk!
What you’ll do
As an Assistant Floor Manager, you’ll be the face of the museum; greeting school groups and guests, answering questions, addressing complaints, and ensuring our guests have the best experience possible. Some key responsibilities this role will perform:
- Ensure excellent guest experiences
- Actively monitor exhibits and guest experience by regularly moving about the museum
- Be the first person there to open the doors or sometimes the last person there to lock up
- Assist and provide direction to Museum floor staff, security, maintenance, and volunteers
- Basic troubleshooting of exhibits, and escalating situations to other departments when needed
- Facilitate group visits, parties, and other events in the Museum
- Maintain Museum and employment records, such as inventory, attendance, and hours worked
- Replenish supplies as needed
What you need to thrive in this role
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Outstanding customer service skills, versatility, flexibility, and patience when interacting with guests of all ages
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Prior leadership and management experience where you oversaw a team
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Comfortability in learning new systems and technology
- Strong communication and organization skills
- A passion for helping others explore their curiosity and love of math!
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math. You can learn more about MoMath at www.momath.org.
Some of the perks we offer include:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Family and friends Museum passes
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o8f8jfwy&s=myHRpartner
Is this the job for you? If not, feel free to share this link with someone who might be interested.
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!
At MoMath, we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to that by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
COVID Guidelines: The National Museum of Mathematics requires employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.