Head of Global Sales Development
The Head of Global of Sales Development will own Mavenlink’s outbound lead generation function. They will be focused on defining and executing a global strategy targeted at developing sufficient pipelines to meet and exceed company sales targets. The right candidate has a proven track record of both building and leading global teams in prospecting and strategic planning and is passionate about amplifying client acquisition, developing sales funnels, and working in a dynamic environment.
- Builds and manages a large global team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs), ensuring the entire function hits lead generation targets (quality and quantity) that match revenue forecasts and goals.
- Owns the sales process from lead generation to lead nurturing which encompasses the following stages: Stage 1 (Initial Contact); Stage 2 (Sales Accepted Opportunity); Stage 3 (Sales Qualified Opportunity).
- Develops and executes a comprehensive outbound lead generation strategy and works closely with key leaders in Marketing, Enablement, Sales, and Business Operations ensuring the strategy stays on course and is adjusted as needed based on business conditions.
- Responsible for collaborating with Business Operations, Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, and various internal teams to communicate targets and performance.
- Ensures clear and constant communication of goals and success metrics to the organization to deliver consistency and accountability. Drives performance against pipeline goals, ensuring sufficient pipeline to achieve sales goals.
- Identifies and implements effective growth opportunities for outbound lead generation.
- Defines and tracks lead forecasts and conversion rates.
- Focuses on team/individual development and enabling upward talent mobility within Sales & Services organizations. Develops the entire BDR talent supply chain.
- Motivates team.
- Guides team on how to progress their career through effective coaching, training and development.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7-10 years of sales leadership experience with a lead generation focus (or relevant initiatives).
- Proven experience building, scaling, and managing a global BDR team of 50+ members in both a startup and mid market / enterprise SaaS company.
- Expert and viewed as the authority on lead generation.
- Proven leader, motivator, and coach with teams of varying levels of experience.
- Collaborative, team player who can adapt to a fast paced ever changing environment.
- An analytical minded person who is passionate about numbers and data.
- Experience working in a fast-growth technology company, developing and executing on strategic initiatives.
- Experience working with complex solutions and creating brand awareness.
- Possesses the ability to translate business objectives into effective lead generation strategies.
- Strong project management skills; comfortable running various sized projects driving people, process, and technology-related initiatives.
- 30% travel required to Mavenlink’s office locations in Irvine, Salt Lake City, Boston, London, and Melbourne.