Etobicoke, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Finance, GTA Urban Division
Financial Analyst, Full Time, Permanent
Director, Operations Finance
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Mattamy is embarking on a journey to become the most respected, homeowner-centric condominium brand in the GTA with the recent launch of a dedicated Urban development division. This is part of an ambitious initiative to expand and enhance our multi-family offering in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and create the next generation of mixed-use urban communities. Mattamy's new GTA Urban Division has a large growth mandate that will be fueled by our current collection of 40 high-rise projects / multi-family developments within our GTA master-planned communities and an aggressive acquisition plan for single and multi-tower developments.
Mattamy is currently seeking a detail-oriented individual to join our Operations Finance team for an exciting opportunity to have a career with an industry leader. Through this experience, the individual will be exposed to a wide range of budgeting, forecasting, and reporting responsibilities. This includes assisting with quarterly project budget review cycle to support key decision making and lead financial strategy at the project level. Mattamy Homes is an accredited CPA Employer and is accredited to meet the practical work experience requirements for achieving your CPA designation.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Senior Financial Analyst to contribute to the quarterly project budget review cycle for a multi-family high-rise project portfolio
- Monitor KPIs, project margins and returns using an excel pro forma model to provide decision support to operational teams in Construction, Development, Sales & Marketing
- Prepare budget review templates for various departments, consolidate inputs, and upload budgets in the ERP system (Oracle’s JD Edwards)
- Conduct quarter-over-quarter budget variance analysis and compile project risks and opportunities
- Assist in semi-annual updates to the excel pro forma model to ensure best-in-class forecasting
- Support joint venture reporting for projects with an external partner to ensure there is strong financial controls around ERP system data (Oracle’s JD Edwards)
- Review Joint Venture agreements, prepare reporting packages, review financial statements and forecast cashflow requirements to be presented to external stakeholders
- Oversee funding to project bank accounts and joint venture intercompany balances
- Support month-end balance sheet account reconciliations for key line items such as joint venture payables and long-term debt
- Set up and maintain infrastructure in JD Edwards for newly launched communities and work closely with FP&A team to understand business requirements for accurate and timely source data for the annual forecasting
- Maintaining integrity of large quantities of data to support various financial analysis and other core responsibilities
- Assist with ad hoc scenario analysis to assess financial impacts, realize cost savings, and help drive strategic decision making as requested by Operations and the Corporate Office
- Assist in developing financial models and tools to support functions of operational teams to drive initiatives, monitor trends, budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning processes
- Foster and develop strategic business partnerships with functional and departmental leaders
What you bring
- University Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or a related fee
- Completed or working towards pursuing CPA designation (Mattamy Homes is an accredited employer by CPA Canada)
- 2+ years of experience in a finance department
- Experience with accounting software packages and ability to quickly learn new software packages. Experience with JD Edwards, Hyperion or Essbase an asset
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills including regular use of functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, including ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated individual who is highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to establish credibility and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Talented, high potential individual with the ability to learn quickly and get results
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and personal integrity
- Residential, High Rise, ICI (Industrial / Commercial / Institutional), REIT or Asset Management experience
- JD Edwards, Procore, ReportsNow, or Essbase software experience is an asset
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.