Position: Building Maintenance
Location: Port Coquitlam (Head Office)
Do you want to work at our beautiful new head office? Do you want a stable career and receive excellent benefits? Join our Port Coquitlam, BC, head office team and let work, work for you.
Lordco Auto Parts is Canada’s largest independently-owned automotive parts retailer, with over 100 locations across Western Canada and is a family-owned and operated business since 1974. Start your career in customer service and grow with us today!
Why work for Lordco?
Our employees are our family, and we want to make sure they are taken care of. We support the health and well-being of you and your family through quality programs and plans. We want you to feel valued and welcomed within our diverse, inclusive team, and here’s how we do it:
- Extended Benefits for You and Your Family
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Expense Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Disability
- Education and Savings Plans, RRSP matching
- Health and Wellness Program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Generous Employee Perks and Discounts
- Promote-From-Within Culture
- Work Flexibility
What You'll Do:
- Support all Lordco stores and warehouses across BC and Alberta
- Troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance jobs and repairs
- Coordinate, manage and communicate with service partners to effectively resolve various maintenance issues and unforeseen problems that arise on site
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, store staff, and colleagues
- Maintain a daily log of work/maintenance to include tasks and locations
- Address building-related requests and complaints from Lordco stores & warehouses
- Assist in the implementation of assigned construction, development, and building maintenance projects
- Respond quickly and thoroughly to maintenance and repair requests
- Order and pick up supplies as needed for maintenance and repairs
- Interact with trades and internal stakeholders as required to perform maintenance & repairs
- Monitor site safety on project sites to ensure compliance with Occupational Health & Safety
- Ensure all equipment and facilities stay in good working order
- Assist in cross-departmental projects and tasks
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
Do you fit the part?
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A strong team player, self-motivated and proactive thinker with a track record of success
- Flexible and great attitude working in a team environment
- Must be able to lift, move, push, pull or carry up to 50lbs
- Good communication skills and basic computer abilities
- Good knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Experience with framing, drywall, concrete, plumbing, and painting is an asset
- Knowledge of construction management and building maintenance practices is an asset
- Knowledge of Construction safe work practices as per WorkSafeBC is an asset
- Ability to travel out of town for extended periods
- Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence with clean drivers abstract
Lordco is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the communities we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Apply now to join our team and be a part of an innovative, inclusive, and rewarding workplace.
Apply now and join our family today!