Position: Programmer Analyst
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC (Head Office)
Are you looking to join a diverse team, with a great company culture? Do you want a stable career that provides excellent benefits? Join our Port Coquitlam, BC, head office team and let work, work for you.
If you are a passionate, ambitious programmer who loves developing enterprise-grade software but is looking to start the transition towards spending more time as an analyst, then we would love to meet you!
Come join an enthusiastic team of technologists who are dedicated to improving business processes through market-leading innovation. Our digital transformation is well underway, and we are modernizing and replacing all the major systems throughout our organization. If you are obsessive about best-in-class development solutions and working with a large suite of applications that use leading-edge technology, then this is the job for you.
We've recently implemented a new ERP system, GPS tracking and delivery system, and digital telephone system. On top of all that we also moved into a brand-new warehouse facility complete with electronic handheld WMS devices, automated conveyor belts, and autonomous vehicles. Next up is our journey towards implementing E-commerce. We're looking for amazing people who are interested in driving value through data and applications as we prepare for the next wave of digital transformation through enhanced customer experiences.
Why work for Lordco?
Lordco Auto Parts is Canada’s largest independently-owned automotive parts retailer, with over 100 locations across Western Canada, and has been a family-owned and operated business since we opened in 1974. Our employees are our family, and we want to make sure they are taken care of. We support the health and well-being of you and your family through quality programs and plans. We want you to feel valued and welcomed within our diverse, inclusive team, and here’s how we do it:
- Extended Benefits for You and Your Family
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Expense Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Disability
- Education and Savings Plans, RRSP matching
- Health and Wellness Program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Generous Employee Perks and Discounts
- Promote-From-Within Culture
What You’ll Do:
- Integrate and support best-in-class enterprise-wide applications to provide for our customers as well as our internal teams
- Conduct systems analysis and design activities that deliver technical solutions to business opportunities
- Provide technical support to relevant business partners
- Help lead, plan, and coordinate the integration and implementation of enhancements and required maintenance for various software applications
- Prepare plans and delivery dates for work packages while managing all tasks associated with delivery
- Help ensure the maintainability of computer programs by reviewing and occasionally preparing technical documentation
- Deal with concepts such as account/data/payment provider integrations and order management systems
- Identify, plan, develop, implement, and be an ambassador for technical change
Do you fit the part?
- A diploma or degree in computer science or a related discipline
- An enterprise software development background with at least 5-7 years of experience
- Extensive experience working with and understanding PHP
- Significant exposure to Web services, REST, security architecture, ETL, and ESB/integration technologies
- Expert knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Knowledge of sound programming practices and exposure to enterprise security architecture
- Strong communication skills that enable IT to collaborate with business partners on new initiatives
- Considerable experience in developing software in one or more of the following technologies: Java, C++, or C#
- Experience working with and/or developing n-tier applications using Azure or other cloud computing platforms
- A track record of troubleshooting and problem-solving complex issues
- A background in making critical and successful decisions under pressure
- Knowledge of the retail industry
- Large-scale retail experience
Apply now and join our family today!