Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
We are seeking a high-performing and adaptable Senior Internal Auditor to join our dynamic team in Vernon, B.C. The ideal candidate will thrive in a risk-based audit environment, possess strong financial and operational acumen, and be able to engage effectively with diverse audiences. This role offers a varied range of responsibilities, including audit, advisory and investigative work, with the additional requirement of both domestic and international travel (up to 30%). This role is not compliance-based and requires flexibility in approach and the ability to identify and act on risks, both in the planning and execution stages of work.
The position requires an individual who is highly confident, competent, flexible and open-minded. Experience with internal audit and investigative work is necessary for the role. They must have the ability to expand and apply audit skills across all areas of the business. Understanding of, and experience with BI tools is also an asset.
- Ownership of the scoping, planning, execution and reporting of audits.
- Identify risks, control weaknesses, and the development of possible solutions.
- Regular communication with key stakeholders including business contacts and internal audit management.
- Oversight of any co-source resources and guest auditors.
- Conduct investigations, work with other team members and departments (HR and Store Operations) to conduct background data analysis and conduct initial review of associated reports.
- Finalize draft reports for review by the Manager, Global Internal Audit.
- Suggest improvements in the efficiency of the audit process and focus on continuous improvement.
- Work with and understand BI reporting tools
- Foster and develop a network within the business.
- Operate as a trusted advisor for the business.
- Provide thought leadership and knowledge sharing with other team members and the broader Kal Tire organization.
- Management, financial, IT, or audit experience in medium sized enterprises.
- Business and audit experience in medium or large sized enterprises.
- Experience conducting investigative work.
- International business experience, ideally in the retail and/or mining industries.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business process and risk mindset
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities and environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work independently and with senior levels of management.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning to identify underlying principals, reasons, or facts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using data analytics tools to analyze and investigate trends in data.
- Ability to apply creative and constructive thinking to proposed recommendations for improvements to internal controls, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues using developed discretion and judgment, while maintaining independence and objectivity.
- Ability to work alone and to plan and execute projects and to complete work within deadlines.
- Capacity to understand the norms and values of other cultures.
- Post-secondary education with a focus in accounting and/or finance is required.
- Recognized Canadian accounting designation is preferred (e.g., Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA))
- Other relevant professional qualifications considered an asset (e.g., Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE))
- Ability to speak French or Spanish an asset
- Travel will be required both domestically and internationally (taking into consideration any Covid-19 restrictions or risk)
- Must have a valid Passport and be able to travel for international work
What we Offer:
- The target salary range for this position is $78,670 to $104,283 per year based on experience
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- A Group RRSP/DPSP matching program
- Discounts on tires and mechanical services
- This role is ideally hybrid (Tues/Thurs in office) and is based in Vernon, BC, but fully remote work may be considered for the right candidate)
- Positive work culture, opportunities for growth and development, and work-life balance
- Opportunities for professional development, such as training programs, mentorship, and tuition reimbursement
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.