General Winery Worker
Under the general direction of the Cellarmaster, the General Cellar Worker performs a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks such as sanitizing tanks and other equipment, operating crush and press equipment, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling barrels and topping wine. We are looking for an individual to join our growing team in crafting quality wines.
essential duties and responsibilities
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
- Read, execute, and fill out work orders.
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities.
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment.
- Forklift operation, moving barrels, macro bins, and case goods.
- Making additions to wine and juice while wearing a respirator.
- Filling, topping and emptying barrels.
- Scanning barrels.
- Empty barrel care.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
background and experience
The ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures, and be able to read cellar work orders including filling out work order, count barrels, record times and dates. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, punctual and have a good work ethic. Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and varying shifts.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time. The position requires repetitive squatting and strenuous pulling and pushing of hoses and pumps. General cellar workers must be able to work any shift and overtime, particularly during the harvest season. The workload is especially heavy during the harvest season, typically August through December. Wearing contact lenses is prohibited for Safety reason.