Tractor Driver 1
General Description of Duties:
With training, a Tractor Driver must have ability to learn to operate any tractor and/or ATV safely and properly. A tractor driver must maintain all of his equipment and/or implements in a clean and operational manner. He must also take excellent care of all vineyard property and maintain a safe and quality based approach while working around all personnel and operate a tractor in a safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fungicide spraying
- Harvest (hauling gondolas)
- ATV operation (1. Spreading wire 2. Spreading hose)
- Laying out all types of trellis materials with trailer
- Vineyard Maintenance (e.g. repairing erosion control damage)
- Perform maintenance or equipment as well as troubleshoot and report problems.
- Report all injuries and mechanical problems to supervisor immediately.
- Must follow all of the company’s safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Training:
- Must have willingness to learn by on the job training.
- Must pass physical exam.
- Attend company training and classes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Tractor Driver will be exposed to mixing chemicals and will be required to work at night. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will be exposed to wet and or humid conditions, dust, farming chemical and fertilizers as well as seasonal weather conditions (summer heat, cold weather rain). This position also requires repetitive sitting, foot controls, kneeling, bending and stooping.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and overtime as required.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Able to read documents such as safety rules of operation and maintenance manuals.