Cook – Part Time
Jackson Family Wines (JFW) is seeking chefs of varying experience to join our growing culinary team. JFW is a family owned winery that prides itself on providing great customer service and fantastic wines paired with delicious farm to table cuisine. We offer a collaborative, team-based environment using our own estate-grown produce and local artisan ingredients. This position offers the opportunity for wine education, wine & food pairing and a broad range of food styles and techniques using only the best quality and freshest ingredients. This position pays $20.00 per hour, or more based on experience and offers opportunities for growth.
Just a few of the benefits of working in the JFW culinary department:
- Developing dishes to pair with fabulous wines
- Working in a top of the line kitchen, as well as in many of our beautiful estate kitchens
- Finding menu inspiration from our onsite culinary garden
- Working alongside a diverse team with expertise in cheese/cheesemaking, baking/pastry, fine dining, butchery and barbeque
- Positive attitude
- Professional behavior
- Ability and desire to interact with guests
- Ability to follow directions
- Professional appearance
- Desire and enthusiasm to learn and grow
- knife skills
- Kitchen equipment knowledge
- Consistently maintains a healthy, clean and safe work environment
- Ability to multitask
- participate in varying events (ranging from small plated meals to large scale event)
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
- Ensures that level of quality, portion control and plate presentation is adhered to consistently.
- Prepares a variety of cuisine utilizing skill and creativity while using all local & seasonal products, including produce from our garden.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe kitchen; ensures all sanitation procedures are being followed; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures
- Skillfully utilizes hand tools or machines required, reads recipes, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with great precision.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Able to work evenings ,weekends and holidays
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule.