Skilled Winery Worker
General Description of Duties:
Under the general direction of their foreperson, the Skilled Cellar Worker performs a variety of work assignments including racking, pumping, clarifying and blending of juice and wine. Operates and maintains filter, harvest work and is able to direct less skilled crewmembers. Must be able to add, subtract, divide and multiply. Assignments require work of a physical nature.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities.
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment.
- Making chemical additions to juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment.
- Safe operation of a forklift to move and stack barrels in the warehouse.
- Filling, topping and racking barrels.
- Obtaining lab samples.
- Fining and filtering juice and wine.
- Operating DE Filter, Crossflow filter, Barrel Lines, lees filter.
- Knowledge of bottling operations
- Assist in equipment maintenance.
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the foreman.
Permanent full-time (M-F) hourly position with full benefits.
Immediate Staff/ Direct Reports:
Background and Experience:
Generally, requires 2 to 3 years prior, relevant cellar experience. Must have ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math. Must be able to work safely around equipment, electrical outlets and chemicals. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable and possess a good work ethic. Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed, particularly during harvest season. Must be able to lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Pay Range: $21.08 - $25.55 - $30.02 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.