Fodor's Travel Editorial Assistant (Temporary)
Fodor's Travel, the iconic 83-year-old travel institution, is looking for a creative and talented editorial assistant for its digital platform, fodors.com. This will be a temporary contract position. Prior experience in editorial is preferred, but not necessary. We’re looking for someone with great editing and organizational skills, who's looking for an entry-level opportunity.
- Edit articles to fit within Fodor's digital editorial guidelines. Copyediting will also be a daily task.
- Produce articles, including working with the photo department on imagery.
- Ensure all articles meet SEO requirements.
- Occasionally contribute to the site.
- Strong writing skills, as well as copy-editing and fact-checking skills.
- Experience with a CMS.
- Understanding of web publishing, search engine optimization, and key drivers of organic traffic growth.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Excellent team skills: communication, organization, collaboration.
- Strong project management skills. Must be proactive and able to juggle and follow through on all aspects of a project until it’s complete.
- Goal-oriented professional with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Preferable that applicants have some background in publishing, whether in college, through an internship, or prior role.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.