Associate Director, SEO
Job ID 2024-6151
Are you an SEO professional dreaming of shaping the future of search for leading brands? Join our innovative team and become the architect behind explosive traffic growth for our medical directory and legal directory business units! You'll design and implement strategic SEO optimizations and lead a high-performance SEO team to unlock millions of new visitors.
Join our elite SEO team and you'll work alongside top SEO minds, product wizards, tech gurus, and business leaders to analyze websites, uncover hidden potential and recommend game-changing improvements.
Through deep dives into site crawls, page-level investigations, and invaluable insights from Google Search Console, you'll identify critical areas for optimization, prioritizing opportunities to skyrocket organic traffic.
This is no ordinary SEO role. You'll be at the forefront of growth strategy, playing a pivotal role in driving millions of new visitors and boosting revenue.
Be a Game Changer:
- Craft a winning SEO strategy for world-class websites like WebMD and Avvo, with a broad reach of consumers in need of medical and legal professionals.
- Uncover hidden potential in complex websites, wielding data-driven insights to unlock exponential organic growth.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (product, tech, business) to set programmatic SEO strategies for millions of pages.
- Stay ahead of the curve, keeping your finger on the pulse of new Google algorithm updates and industry trends.
- Shape the information architecture on page templates and across the entire site in collaboration with product and technology.
- Lead thorough analyses that identify new opportunities in our websites’ technical construction and enable Google to crawl them better.
You're the perfect fit if you:
- Possess a proven track record of driving organic growth through strategic SEO techniques.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment, relishing the challenge of large-scale websites (500,000+ pages, 1+ million monthly visitors).
- Speak the language of SEO fluently, wielding tools like Google Analytics, Search Console, Screaming Frog, OnCrawl, SEMRush, and more with expertise.
- Lead with passion, effectively communicating complex concepts and inspiring SEO teams and product teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Collaborate like a champion, building strong relationships across departments to drive impactful change.
- Education in computer science, engineering, mathematics, marketing, or communications
- HTML knowledge with a focus on key SEO elements such as Canonicals, Schema implementation, Meta Robots instructions, etc.
- Proficient with the following tools or similar:
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Site Crawlers such as Screaming Frog, OnCrawl, DeepCrawl, or Botify
- Project Management Tools such as JIRA
- Page Speed & Core Web Vitals Testing Tools
- Keyword Rank and Research Tools such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, etc.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- 5+ years of experience in driving SEO growth
- 2+ years of experience managing teams
- A strong analytical and quantitative mind, with demonstrated success in SEO
- A great communicator, boiling complex concepts down into clear, actionable instructions
- A true collaborator, working with multiple stakeholders across teams to educate, influence, and execute
- Willingness to dive in and research a problem from multiple points of view, provide supported conclusions, and lay out a clear go-forward game plan
- Experience working with product managers and developers to implement SEO changes on websites
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Notice to California residents: you can find information about our privacy practices, on: https://www.internetbrands.com/work-with-us/cpra