Automation QA Engineer
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Automation QA Engineer. The Automation QA Engineer will work closely with the QA Manager on process engineering and project development. As part of his/her duties, the Automation QA Engineer will be expected to document and perform testing on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of software quality assurance experience in web-based technologies, a background in computer science, proven automated scripting capabilities, meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Coordinating testing activities with the QA Manager and Project Managers.
- Working closely with on-site and remote development resources in several countries.
- Assisting in the design and evolution of the company’s QA process.
- Planning, creating, and documenting testing for projects.
- Reviewing test plans, test cases, and scripts to ensure coverage based on requirements.
- Test case and script design, maintenance, and validation.
- Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Setting and meeting schedule estimates, timelines, and milestones.
- Developing and executing automated test scripts.
- Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- Verification of patches and bug fixes.
- Managing, training, and mentoring interns, from time to time.
- 2+ years of software quality assurance experience in web-based technologies.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC and multiple software engineering and testing methodologies.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited, four-year university or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills within a team environment.
- Strong understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Proficiency in web-based, n-tier software testing
- Experience with functional, compatibility, integration, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, and stress testing.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experience with automated load testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Mercury LoadRunner, Mercury QTP, Watir, WebTest, Eggplant, Canoo).
- Experience creating test cases and testing documentation from requirements/specifications.
- Experience gathering testing requirements for projects with minimal development documentation.
- Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.