Technical Front End Manager
Internet Brands is a world leader in vertically integrated web products, with over 50,000 health clients we are the #1 web presence solutions provider for health professionals. We leverage the unique abilities of the web to offer value to health care professionals.
Internet Brands employs more than 5,000 people in over 30 office locations across the globe. We serve more than 100,000 business clients and 250 million monthly website visitors.
What You Will Do:
- Mentor junior developers in developing their code and careers.
- Create and maintain rigorous test suites that exercise the full extent of our applications.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Work with other engineers, designers, and product teams to develop excellent experiences.
- Oversee the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and continuous delivery.
- Set the architecture of our frontend systems with an eye to allowing quick and stable feature development.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across devices and browsers.
- Document software architecture, best practices, commonly used patterns, etc.
- Lead developers by clarifying, blocking, and tackling product and engineering requirements.
- Maintain a high-quality UX using innovative real-time and performance technologies.
- Hold yourself, and your teammates accountable to standards of engineering that enable Internet Brands’ customers to trust us with their sensitive data.
- Working with other engineering teams and cross functional partners.
What You Need (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 8+ years related professional experience.
- Meaningful individual contributions as a software engineer.
- A proven track record of executing complex, medium-to-large feature releases that span multiple months.
- Experience building scalable front-end websites using modern SPA frameworks like React.
- Experience accessing RESTful APIs and ability to understand the fundamental queries behind each API call.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full SDLC.
- Enthusiasm for the the software you build and the experience it provides to customers.
- Experience working with other teams, including designers, Back End Engineers, and product managers, to achieve a great product.
- Proficiency in at least one front-end framework and an enthusiasm to learn others.
- Eager to work across the entire tech stack frontend and backend, Fullstack.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What We Use:
- React, VanillaJS (ES 2018+)
- Git + Gitflow
- CSS, Sass, Less, Scss, HTML
- RestFul API’s
- JSON Web Token (JWT’s)
- Backend for Frontend’s
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are equal opportunity employers.