Technical Project Manager - WebMD
Internet Brands is looking for a Technical Project Manager to manage a complex project portfolio for WebMD and Medscape. You will partner with senior technology members to steward key projects within our strategic road-map, serving as air-traffic control for our business.
The Ideal Candidate:
You are a project management guru – a perfect mix of prioritization genius and organization prowess. You see the big picture, you quickly recognize what it takes to achieve it, and you drive results. While you know all of the methodologies, tools and tricks of the trade, you know that reaching the right outcomes is far more important than your obsession with status reports. Your role is to keep things moving, avoiding bureaucracy and bottlenecks. People love working with you because you engage all the right players and you know how to get stuff done along the path of least resistance.
- General management of web projects.
- Work with product, business and development to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Work with internal development team to execute against requirements.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Keep business owners up to date on project status and potential issues.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across teams to educate, influence, and execute.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Enhance project management process to accommodate rapidly changing software needs.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a web/SaaS project manager role, or equivalent experience leading development teams.
- Understanding of project processes (scheduling, documentation, risk analysis, and contingency planning).
- Strong understanding of development process, including development, testing, and deployment, as well as work breakdown, dependencies, responsibilities (full SDLC).
- Proficiency in AGILE/SCRUM methodologies.
- A great communicator, boiling complex concepts down into clear, actionable plan.
- Experience with writing requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Willingness to dive in and research a project or problem from multiple points-of-view, drive consensus to supported conclusions, and lay out a clear go forward game plan.
- Strong ability to use/manage project management tracking/reporting tools
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- Consumer facing web/SaaS company experience is a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Ideal candidate would have hands-on technical skills.
- Previous experience as a developer is a plus.
- Proficient with analyzing data using SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with SEO.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.