Assignments Editor, Fodor’s Travel
For over 80 years, Fodor’s Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler’s trip. Our Webby Award-winning digital site, Fodors.com, has curated exceptional travel storytelling for over two decades.
We are currently seeking an Assignments Editor, who will be responsible for managing and overseeing relationships with our large global network of freelance writers and photographers for Fodors.com. You’ll help grow our contributor database and cultivate and nurture relationships to help discover incredible travel writing. You’ll also help writers mold and craft stories to find their excellence.
Among Other Tasks, You Will
- Be a part of the senior team that reviews all freelance pitches
- Communicate with and manage all freelance contributor relationships
- Actively recruit and hire new writers
- Contribute articles to Fodors.com
- Edit copy
- Produce articles in our CMS or finalize and review already produced articles
- Help the team develop new ideas and strategies
- Assist in large-scale annual projects like the Go List
- Follow and be aware of travel industry and destination trends
- Represent Fodor's at travel industry events
Other requirements include: strong research and communication skills, an understanding of the requirements of multi-platform content, and familiarity with a CMS
Our ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in an editorial environment, ideally including experience with travel writing, and be an entrepreneurial problem-solver who understands the importance of keeping projects on budget and on schedule. The ability to recruit excellent writers around the world is essential to success in this position; having good working relationships with writers and tourism officials in major destinations around the world is a plus.
In Addition, You Should Be
- An excellent writer who can also edit and improve the work of others
- Proficient with grammar and punctuation
- An effective and patient communicator
- Able to multitask efficiently
- Able to inspire staff
- Team-oriented, willing to pitch in whenever and wherever you are needed
- Passionate about travel
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.