Big Data Architect (Contract)
Are you a Big Data specialist? Do you have Data Warehousing and/or Hadoop experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale (billion+ records) data challenges in the world today?
We are looking for a contract Big Data Architect who has a passion for data and the new technology patterns that support real-time decision making as well as business insight and analytics. We need someone with experience implementing data solutions across a wide variety of tools and technologies. This role requires someone excited to advance a team through the transition from traditional data solutions to emerging data patterns.
- 7+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
- 5+ years’ experience of Big Data platform implementation, including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment. Track record of thought leadership and innovation around Big Data.
- Deep understanding of Apache Hadoop 2 and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with one or more relevant tools (Flink, Spark, Kafka, Oozie, Zookeeper, HBase, Hive, etc…).
- Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of IT platform implementation experience.
- Familiarity with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto).
- Deep understanding of security as it relates to Big Data systems.
- Current hands-on implementation experience required.
- Ability to travel to Los Angeles as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Math.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.